The Manager of Compliance and Internal Control is responsible for implementation and oversight of the global compliance and internal control functions of the Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internal audits
External audits – Provides support to Corporate Controller and subsidiaries to ensure external audit requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Leads the self-audit function – Conducts self-audits, prepares reports of findings, provides recommendations for improvement of controls, and communicates regularly with executive management and operations team members.
- Acts as liaison for the Hitachi internal audit team – Provides information, coordinates internal audits and supports the Hitachi internal audit function, in general.
Export Control – Member of Export Control Committee responsible for establishing export control regulations and monitoring compliance
Policies and Guidelines
- Responsible for identifying, implementing and maintaining internal controls and ensuring that all locations are adhering to established internal controls as required by the Hitachi JSOX program.
- Monitors, documents and reports compliance with internal controls in accordance with JSOX requirements.
Compliance - General
- Establishes and/or implements policies and procedures for H-E Parts International worldwide working with Americas Division Controllers and Australia Controller.
- Communicates said procedures throughout the Company and monitors compliance.
Ad-hoc Projects and Tasks
- Member of the Compliance Committee responsible for monitoring, reporting and following-up on compliance disciplinary action items.
- Monitors general business activities to ensure the company is protected from legal and regulatory compliance risks.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree (active CPA preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of external audit experience (Big 4 preferable) and/or internal audit experience (manufacturing environment)
- Experience with cost accounting and ERP systems
- Ability to travel 20-30% (US and International)
- Strong technical accounting skills in US GAAP
- Basic understanding of IFRS
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Japanese, a plus
- Industry experience outside of public accounting
- Ability to adjust to different circumstances and cope with job related pressures/stress
- Leader, teacher, motivator