The Corporate Controller is responsible for all financial and management reporting, internal control, and tax and regulatory compliance functions with primary responsibility for the US, Canada, Chile and Peru. Direct reports include 5 Division Controllers and 1 Financial Reporting Manager, in addition to several indirect reports reporting to the Division Controllers at the various Americas locations.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International employee to ensure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International employees share the responsibility to ensure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- External audits – Owns all aspects of external audit processes for the Americas while supplying guidance to Australia. This includes outlining audit schedules, negotiating fees, monitoring adherence to timelines by audit and tax service providers and Division Controllers, and drafting the consolidated financial statement package for review and signoff by auditors.
- Monthly and Annual Close Process – Leads the monthly and annual closing processes by providing routine direction, support and issue resolution to the Financial Reporting Manager and Division Controllers on accounting matters as well as performing detailed reviews of monthly financial reporting formation.
- Internal Control/JSOX – Responsible for implementing and maintaining internal controls and ensuring that all locations are adhering to established internal controls as required by the Hitachi JSOX program.
- Policies and Guidelines – Establishes accounting policies and procedures for H-E Parts International worldwide working with Americas Division Controllers and Australia Controller. Communicates said procedures throughout the Company and monitors compliance.
- Cash Management and Banking – Monitors daily cash movements and needs, takes an active role in establishing debt structure, manages loan requests sourced from related party and third party lenders, and develops and maintains banking relationships.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Completes budget figures for Corporate HQ, including key areas of the balance sheet needed for planning and forecasting and reviews total Company budget and forecasts with the CFO for alignment with the long-term plan and strategic direction.
- Tax – Drives the tax compliance function (income, payroll, franchise, sales, etc.) with support from both internal staff (Division Controllers) and external tax providers. Coordinates tax provision work with tax providers for all of Americas and owns any tax audits.
- ERP Implementation – Leads the accounting and finance sub-teams for launch of global ERP (Pronto).
- Ad-hoc Projects and Tasks – Legal matters, relationship building with COO and operations teams, and research.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree and active CPA
- Preferably 5 years’ experience with a “large” (Big 4 preferable) CPA firm
- Experience in a manufacturing environment – cost accounting and ERP systems
- Ability to travel 15-20% US and International
- Strong technical accounting skills in US GAAP
- Basic understanding of IFRS
- Working knowledge of Hyperion
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Japanese a plus
- Industry experience outside of public accounting
- Ability to adjust to different circumstances and cope with job related pressures/stress
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Leader, teacher, motivator