The Vice President of Sales – U.S. and Canada is an integral member of the H-E Parts North American executive team. The position oversees the achievement of sales and growth initiatives for H-E Parts International – Mining Solutions, by leading all field sales activity in the U.S. and Canada. This position is responsible for meeting company revenue and margin objectives for mining and oil and gas customers in the U.S. and Canada, in support of the North America business plan. In addition, through our field sales team, this position is responsible for managing customer expectations, and improving customer satisfaction, as well as meeting all key strategic initiatives. Success is defined by the company’s EBITDA contribution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and annual safety plan. Returning our employees home safely every day is our # 1 priority.
- Aligns sales objectives with firm business strategy – through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning and budgeting
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share and other key financial performance objectives
- Consistently work with NA Mining President and H-E Parts CEO to strengthen forward revenue modeling, high level planning, drive corporate initiatives, and update strategies to keep ahead of market changes relative to H-E Parts product offerings to the mining and oil & gas industry.
- Develops and communicates the annual sales budget.
- Must possess the ability to forecast model, define and manage sales related KPI’s and lead sales staff.
- Develop and communicate strategic sales plans based upon company objectives that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Warranty administration: Work with engineering, field sales and customers to promptly and professionally resolve all warranty claims. Adopt and promote the attitude that we will not lose a customer due to a warranty claim.
- Communication: Conduct all internal and external communications on a timely and professional basis. Train and uphold a culture of pro-active communication for the sales team.
- Customer Relations Management: Work with the President to maintain certain senior level contacts with key customers. Ensure all field sales people are regularly updating key customer contact and equipment data within the CRM system.
- Conduct annual or quarterly customer reviews with key customers
- Fully support all company metrics and initiatives to measure and drive performance
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivates the sales team to achieve their sales and margin budget
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Unify, educate and train the U.S. and Canadian sales team
- Other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Sales and Margin Achievement vs Budget
- Sales Expense as a percent of Sales vs Budget
- EBITDA Achievement vs Budget
- Target Account Management for growth and market penetration
- Grow market areas for future development
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10 or more year’s mining related industry experience
- 10 or more years sales and sales management experience
- A professional, ethical and exceptional work-ethic
- Effective communicator in an open honest environment, sharing information with share-holders, peers and executive staff
- Travel requirements can be extensive for this position and may average 50% at any given time
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport